94 Sea Doo XP Rebuilding Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 94 Sea Doo XP Rebuilding Engine

No, I never checked the fuel valve. I had just rebuilt it a week or two prior to this event. It was the first ride out other than running on yard on water connection.

I have found a possible reason it was ruined. Upon removing the rear cyclinder I noticed the new base gasket was ripped in two places. Front near damaged cylinder and rear by un-damaged cylinder. The sealant also did not appear to take well.

I have tore it all down and reassembled with hi-temp gasket sealer around all gaskets. This weekend I will install a new piston acquired locally and a base gasket courtesy of local Sea Doo dealer.

Joshua Cole
    In this life if you are in search of happiness it will surely elude you, if you focus on the needs of others, family, and God happiness will find you.

Comment

There you go ! A massive air leak through a ripped base gasket. An amatuer mechanic mistake when assembling the engine.

Ever wonder why all SBT engines are "Pressure Tested" ? That is why.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Had one do the same thing rebuilt and done the same thing Ended up getting one from SBT something in the engine lower end was messed up from the best we could tell beter check it out .... Cheaper to get one from SBT with the warranty.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's input on this thread.

FYI-I recently ordered an oil pump block off from SBT for my 96 GTX all is well.

Thanks,
          Josh
          In this life if you are in search of happiness it will surely elude you, if you focus on the needs of others, family, and God happiness will find you.

Comment

Working...
          X