suck up some tow rope !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suck up some tow rope !!!!

yea ..... sittin at idle geting ready to go out and then suddenly heard a thump and there went the tow rope suck right into the grate area.....about 6 ft. of it. I shut the ski off quickly, none of it came out the back but thinkin that I had serious problems.
    Started back to the dock, shortly there afterwards I felt a very bad vibration so I took it out of the water and removed the rope. After the rope was taken out it seems to be running fine....... The following weekend I returned to the water and at 1/2 throttle I notice that "BAD VIBRATION" again. It went on like this couple more times..........and also when its out of the water being flushed out it does now.....but it only does it when the throttle is pressed, I looked underneth the ski and noticed the the shaft kinda wobbles is this normal or does anyone know what could be the problem and what and where should I check first ?

Re: suck up some tow rope !!!!

no, it's not normal you most likely bent the drive shaft when driving it with the rope stuck in it.

Comment

I would have to agree driveshaft is bent out of shape what ski is this year model?

Comment

2001 gtx rfi ......is there anything else that I need to inspect while I have the shaft taken out of the ski ? ?

Comment

Yeah the thru hull fitting and seals

Comment

Working...
          X