• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultra 150 Sucker

impeller, I can't spell!!!!!!!
    Rob

Comment

Boosting is using a car charger/starter.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

That's what I thought. Well, I am going to really get work on this. I will let you know how it turns out!!!! Once again, you help has been greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
        Rob

Comment

hurry-hurry, time is not on your side, get that thing together and run it with some fogging oil !!!

Comment

Okay, so like I cleaned everything up and put it back together, and I am still having some problems. When I tried to start it, it turned over for a little bit, but then it slowed down and shut off. I then got it to spin for a little bit, but then the starter wouldn't engage anymore. I can turn the crank to the right real easy, but it is very hard to turn it to the left. Any ideas?
            Rob

Comment

If your battery, starter and connections are good, you have internal damage. Like I said, water inside+letting it sit=done.

Comment

Do you have any idea what kind of damage? Why would the crank turn to the right, but not to the left? Do you think there might be a problem with the starter enclouser?
                Rob

Comment

It could be any number of things, but regardless, time to pull the engine. No point in guessing, you'll find out when you look. You might get lucky and find you have a bad one-way clutch on the front gear pack...otherwise it's internal.

Comment

deffinately dead battery, but I feel tech is going to be right on the engine.

Comment

I have gotten pretty good at pulling the engine, I even have my own hoist. I am gonna take off the cover and see what I can find. This is the last thing I am gonna try, then I am gonna just go ahead and get a new engine. Thanks for all of your help.
                      Rob

Comment

battery is good, double checked it with a vmeter. The starter did engage in the begining, then it wouldn't anymore.
                        Rob

Comment

Just to add alittle more info: The Ultra has a dry exhaust up to the stinger. As long as you have no leaks you would have to fill up the entire waterbox before water would run into the jugs. You should still never run the hose with out the engine running but its just alittle FYI.

Good luck man! Post if you need anymore help or info!
                          Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
                          2002-1100STX DI
                          2004-15F
                          2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

I am pretty sure we did. I am going to look at the starter enclouser this weekend, and hope it is something that can be fixed.
                            Rob

Comment

Turns out that the new starter I got was a dud!!!! Took off the starter and everything turned just fine. Tried to get the starter to turn with power and it would not. Sending it back for a new one. Hope to have the new one by Thursday!!! Let you know how it turns out!!
                              Rob

Comment

In the meantime I would tear the engine down, split the cases and get rid of all the water and make sure everything is dry and no rust has set. I guarantee you will spend less time doing this than trying to get the ski to run right after having it full of water and cranking the hell out of the new starter / battery.

Comment

Working...
                                X