Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Polaris Virage Txi fiasco!

Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone out there has had or heard of any situations similar to this. My story in a nutshell:

Hubby and I got a 2002 Polaris Virage Txi at the end of the season. Didnt really ride it in '02. Summer of '03 the machine spent more time in the shop at the dealer than on the water. It had about ten various problems - ranging from ripped seat cover to gasket prob's etc. All of it was covered by the warranty, although we felt the machine was truly a lemon from day one.

Summer of '04 the machine ran decent although it would always cut out unexplainably out of the blue. It never ran right. End of the season my brother in law was on it riding it very tamely - it died and wouldn't restart. Took it to the dealer and they called it unexplained catastrophic engine failure. Its no longer under warranty so the dealer said too bad - told us to talk to Polaris to see what, if anything they would/could do for us.. Dealer said one piston quit running while the other 2 "beat the engine to death" then they accused of riding it hard ! We werent but even if we were we should be able to ride it how we want for the $$$ we paid for it.

I wrote to Polaris and they said too bad - warranty was over. I talked to them today and told them that their response is unacceptable. A machine w/VERY low hours - and they're telling us the only way to fix it is to put in a rebuilt engine for approx $3k. They are sending me paperwork to appeal and have it looked into by various people at Polaris.

So, wondering if anyone's heard of similar situations. If so, any suggestions to advocate for myself as a consumer? or any other ideas...

Thanks in advance.
    Heather

Re: 2002 Polaris Virage Txi fiasco!

Well,Polaris stopped making watercraft for a reason.Keep hounding them until they make it right.

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

Working...
    X