'98 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI - No Electrical Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI - No Electrical Power

Without warning my electrical system is dead on my '98 1100 ZXI no lights, no gauges nothing and the battery itself tests good, the fuses all test good and an inspection of most connectors look good.The ground is solid, yet nothing. Even a set of jumper cables to another battery will not provide power. Is there a wiring diagram available? Any suggestions?

Bob, New Jersey

PS: I've also opened the electrical box and everything in tact, tested for power at the main orange on/off switch and have nothing?? Help!

:(
    Last edited by BobFro; 06-22-2005, 08:45 AM.

Re: '98 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI - No Electrical Power

:emoticonn Listen Man I just fixed the same problem with my zxi. It turned out being one little wire connection. I will be glad to help you out. If you go to kawasaki.com there they have a complete parts list for the whole waverunner, go to the section called generator in the section parts diagram. Look for the connector 59221 that was the problem with mine. It didn't even look bad I just happened to be touching it and the button at the same time and it turned over. cut off the plug put new wire connectors and it work great. let me know what happens. email me directly if you have any more questions.

You will not have any power at the switch if this is the problem.

brad
    bross2510@hotmail.com

Comment

I fixed the problem, the two red wires and connector below the fuse block was completely corroded. I cut the connector off and butt-spliced the wires together, then installed heat shrunt tubing over the splice...The ski fired right up!:emoticonc

Comment

Hi.

I have a similar problem (my english is not to good!) I bought my zxi1100 for about 1 month ago, but I cant get it to start. I took out the engine and checked all connections. The wires you are referring to, was a problem to me as well. The negative/black wire had melted completely. I replaced it with a new one. The first two sec. pushing the start button, I got a proper spark, but then it fell back to be a weak spark. Could the battery be the problem? I have replaced the regulator, and im waiting for a cdi box. But I dont think this is the problem. Changing the regulator and the melted wire did nothing, I had a weak spark before I did anything.
        The battery was new last summer, but the boat have been stored outside and it have been below 0.C'
        Mabe the battery have died????? It was weak when I bought the boat.

Beginning to become frustrated!!

Help me!!

Comment

hello guys i need your help im desperate now it been like 2 to 3 weeks messing with this 1100zxi on and off , i can find the problem i gave up , but with your help i can fix it .... i change the cdi an i change the trim module also , the ski will cranks and run but no dash guages working , trim not working and the temp and oil lights not working i need help it seems like its related to one wire..... i have power on the motor and if i hot wire the trim motor it will work and elc please please please help thanks the orange wire have power when u fire the motor, i need help please thanks

Comment

Working...
          X