carb adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb adjustments

Bryan, I bought a used 94 Raider 700. it is stock except a Mo-Flo K&N filter, and an Outerwears pre-filter. I converted it to pre-mix. the plugs have been very dark, even before the pre-mix conversion. I have read the text in the tech section for adjusting the carbs. Should there be any harm in running lean if I start by setting the screws to the factory settings prior to setting the carbs by the tech section? The fronts are set a small amount out from the factory setting. The rear high speed screw is out a lot. Thanks for all the help.

Your factory settings do not apply, given that you have changed your carb signal with the aftermaket filters. Start from where you are now, which is already a safe point.

Comment

Bryan, I Got the carbs adjusted. Plugs are a chocolate brown at low and high speed. The rear plug is half choc. brown and half gray. Any idea what causes this? Could the plug side electrode be in the fuel/air path entering the cylinder? Thanks for the help.

Comment

The porcelin will not give you 100% accurate results. Go by the color on the metal rim of the plug. If you don't see uniform color coverage, richen slightly.

Comment

What color am I shooting for? I would expect chocolate brown or should I richen it untill it just starts to turn black? Thanks again. Greg

Comment

Bryan, Found the info I needed on in the tech section. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X