Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 XP Carb Trouble (Too much gas after engine is off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 XP Carb Trouble (Too much gas after engine is off)

I have a stock 95 XP and recently rebuilt the carbs. After I reinstalled the carbs, the ski started right up, but after I shut it off it would not start again. I pulled the plugs and found that they were wet so I cranked the engine to expel the excess gas, as I was cranking the engine I noticed that gas was pumping/flowing through the carb even after I quit cranking it. When I rebuilt the carb I put in the replacement springs and levers, high speeds are at 0, and lows are at 1 and 3/4. Any idea why gas would continue to flow and flood the engine even after I quit cranking? Thanks! I'm hoping its something easy, would like to ride this weekend.

Re: 95 XP Carb Trouble (Too much gas after engine is off)

Did you replace the needle and seat valve? did you do a pop off test to ensure proper? did you do a leak down test? try turning in your low speed to 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 and see what it does. start there.

Comment

Frankey is correct. You have a leaking n/s. Go back into the carbs and set them up appropriately. Checking pop off will help you in determining if your on the spot.
      SHOOTER

Comment

Hey Shooter was that your 98 gsxl you pmed me about? After you asked me I went and looked but didnt see one.

Comment

listen here..
          dont use the new springs that came with the rebuild kit..
          use the oem ones that were in there.. yours springs usually are still good unless they were exposed to water and rusted..
          and when you put the needle and seat in let the little screw and plate pull the seat into place.. dont push the seat as sometimes it will go a hair further and cause the needle to be pulled up by the arm..
          dont ask why its just a simple been there done that kinda thing...

You are leaking gas via your needle and seat.. and you need to keep the pop off the same so use the Same springs and levers that were in there originally... trust me. or it will throw your pop off out of wack and you will need to do some tuning... rather than bolt on and go

Comment

Working...
          X