flush kit for 2003 STXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flush kit for 2003 STXR

Where can i get a flush kit for a 2003 STXR? I got one from the dealer when i bought it, but when i tried to put it on it was too little. The dealer thought for kaw. one size fits all. I gave it back to him and asked him to put it on when they were doing little warranty stuff(grips coming off, etc.), but they didn't put it on. If i want them to put it on i could just call them and ask and they would, but is it even the right one? Suggestions? links?

Re: flush kit for 2003 STXR

buykawasaki.com You really don't need the flush kit. You can just cut off a hose (about 3') get a valve from walmart, and remove the black rubber end on the top of the pipe. Put the hose on and bingo you have a flush kit. You just have to take the hose off and put the rubber end back on. If you ride in salt and have to flush everyoften then you will want a kit from kawasaki it just makes it easier. If you want to shop around call skiworx (www.skiworx.com) he sells them too might be cheaper then kawi.
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

is it really neccessary to flush after fresh water ride?

Comment

its not necessary, but it can't hurt as long as you do it right. If you ride in dirtier water you may want to just so gunk doesn't get built up in the head fittings, and if you do ride in brakish water you may want to look into a tripple pisser kit.
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

I'll definatly clean it out some times, but i didn't think it had to be cleaned every ride in fresh water. Thanks for the info. The water i ride in isn't that bad, but i do like to keep my ride clean. I just don't have the flush kit on yet and i'm taking it out today and i have been taking it out for about two weeks and it hasn't been flushed, but i'm getting it put on monday.

Comment

It is neccesary. All it takes is a litlte devris in your system to overheat you, possilby damaging parts. Everytime you decide to not do it, you take a chance. Why would you do that?
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X