Hull Water Intrusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hull Water Intrusion

My 98 GP1200 took on alot of water yesterday shortly after putting it in the water. Today I filled the hull up with water and I can see it coming out on the back of the intake grate. I believe it is coming out where the driveshaft goes through the hull but I am not 100% positive. How can I tell for sure or is there simply no other way for water to come in at that spot? What can I do to repair that leak? Thanks again.

You need to remove your entire pump assembly, and reseal it to the hull.

Comment

So its not like a SeaDoo where there is a seal that goes bad? Just asking for personal knowledge. Are there any tricks to removing the pump? Any special tools I need? Anything that should be done while I have it apart? Thanks.

Comment

That particular model has a whole pump assembly, much better than just a flimsy seal. It's pretty straightforward, no special tools needed, although you really should get a shop manual if you're going to work on a ski yourself.

Comment

The manual is the first on the list, thanks for the info!

Comment

While we are talking about water in the hull...

I can't EVER seem to remember to put the plugs in before I put the boat in the water. So far I haven't sunk it and for that matter, I haven't really seen much water come out when I pull it up on the trailer.

What's up with that? I expect to sink some day!

- dan

Comment

I expect the same.

Comment

Someone, smarter than I, once suggested, to tie the plugs to your handlebars. If that doesn't remind you......then you'd better invest in some SCUBA gear! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X