Bliking Red light on '95-SL750 MFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bliking Red light on '95-SL750 MFD

Ever since I've owned this ski, the red light would blink on a partially working MFD.--and now it identifies FUEL as the problem.

I've read about adding a 33 ohm resister to the oil tank circuitry when going pre-mix and the sinking float situation in the fuel tank.

How can you fool the MFD without clamping up the fuel tank float--(I don't think mine has a float) --or replacing the whole fuel unit?

I'm leery about messing with the thing that holds all of the fuel lines in the tank and having to remove the fuel tank.

Someone posted that they coulld move the tank aside but I don't see how.

Re: Bliking Red light on '95-SL750 MFD

I'm going through the process of replacing the float in my sending unit right now. It isn't fun by any means, but it isn't impossible either. You do need to move the fuel tank to get the sending unit out. I had to move my oil tank too, then move fuel tank forward to get the sending unit out. My float was shot, so i ordered a new one. The only problem is it is back ordered through polaris until july 1. Now i don't really want to put it back together, then tear it apart again when it comes in, so my ski is out of commision for a while. When i moved the float in the sending unit, the fuel guage worked good, so i knew it was the float. Just a fyi.

Comment

What is the Polaris part number and the cost ?

Partsland.com lists it (Item#3) as a gasket for $10.99.Something is wrong, with that.
      Partsland also shows it as one long cylindrical unit -no float showed-
      Maybe the float is inside.
      When my MFD started to work it showed full fuel, now no display at all.
      Thanks !

Comment

The microfice doesn't list it, it's an update kit. Do a search, it's been posted here before.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

#2872860 $22.99 Not on microfiche.

Comment

Thank You for the number and price.

Could you post a picture of the actual part for us ?

On partsland it only shows a long tube attached to the thing that holds the fuel and vent lines. Mine has a plastic cap holding everything to the tank ???

Comment

yup, on mine, it's not on the fuel cap that has the gas lines. It's on a screwed-down cover with two wires coming out of it.

OH I just remembered, last year I had to solder a wire that had broken off. Maybe that is your only problem. I'd pull it out and check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X