zxi 900 top speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxi 900 top speed?

Can anyone tell me what kind of speed the 1996 zxi 900 should run?
    Ive also been told that the 900 has the bottom cases of an 1100. Does this mean i can convert it to an 1100?
    What kind of mods are suggested for making the zxi faster?

Re: zxi 900 top speed?

No you can not convert the block like that. There is a very minimal power gain in the first place. If you want any significant improvement from a ZXi, sell it and buy an Ultra 150.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I am asking because i am interested in buying one.

I am looking for a ski that i can get for around $2000.00 that will get the closest to 60 mph. Any suggestions on that?

Comment

There are plenty in the $2000 range that will do 50, 60 is dreaming.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Well right now i have an 87 "Highly modified" (in my eyes) x2 that i am selling on this website and im wanting to get something faster. If you locate my post where im selling my x2 you will see i dont mind playing with aftermarket parts to gain more speed and power.

There is a local guy who had a 96 xp that he said ran 60mph. I called him today to see if he still had it and he sadi it sold already. He then told me he has an 1100 and a 900 zxi that both would run faster than the xp he had. I wont buy anything without a lake test so i would probably catch him in a lie but im just going off what he has told me. I must also consider that he is trying to sell them to me though.
          With all my aftermarket parts i made the x2 run low 40s which i thought was good, i just want to go faster but i dont care to take out a loan to do it.

I hope this make sense.

Comment

To get a ZXI to go 60 will cost you a lot of more than getting an Ultra that will do it in stock form then if you hop it up than what do you have???
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

With almost no gas and the perfect water conditions The speedo will hit 55-56 range, so prolly goes about 51-52. Only mods are a scoop grate and a R&D Flame Arrestor.

Comment

My Zxi will do 55 to 56 preety much anytime. The seedometer says maxed out 60 take 5 to 7 miles an hour off that.

Comment

I thought mags were originally quoting 55-57 with ideal conditions on this ski?
                  That'd probably translate to 51-52 on the lake..

Comment

Well I have a brand new engine it is full of get up and go. i go by the speedometer and take 5 to 7 seven miles and hour off. I don't know what the mags say.:emoticont

Comment

ive got my 900zxi spedo to read 58 several times and i weigh 225 lbs

Comment

I have actually ran a 900 ZXI with my GPS it would run mid 54's to low 55 mph A 750ZXI will run a solid 52mph and a """"96""""" 1100 ZXI will run a solid 58 mph on the GPS. After 96 the 1100's were slower. FYI I weigh 165. IMO the ZXI is not a very comfortable ski to ride (footwells are too shallow especially for tall people) and it does not handle well either.

Comment

Working...
                        X