Starter Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Install

No, but you might want to put a dab of oil on the o-ring for easy installation.

Use a "silicone" based grease on the o-ring to case bore. Petroleum base sometimes ruins certain rubber compounds.
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

The normal injection oil you already have works great [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

About to install new starter in my '00 XL 800. Do I need to grease or oil anything first, the tip, washer thing etc.
        Thanks

Comment

Help! I put oil on the O ring and was having hard time getting it. Then as I tried to pull it back to adjust one of the two O rings is off its groove and I think is causing it to be stuck and I cant pull the whole starter out. What shall I do, more muscle? and what is to happen to the O ring, can I put it back on if it doesnt tear? I have the O ring from the other starter if if tears, so will this work also? I was hoping to ride it this weekend.

Comment

If it just stretches, just wait and see if it shrinks back down. If it breaks you will need to replace it.

Comment

Working...
            X