Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamped F-12X

Help!
    My daughter took the Honda out and flipped it. It is the first time that it ever actually went totally over. She flipped it back up the opposite way that it is supposed to be turned. She then stated it and drove it slowly back to shore. (That's two things that you aren't supposed to do.) It ran rough and smoked a little. I looked inside and it had about 4" of water in it. I brought it home, pulled plugs, sucked each cylinder out just in case, put a tablespoon of oil in each hole, and then pumped all of the oil out of the engine and removed the oil filter. Now what? Is there other things I need to take apart? Dry out? Lube?
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    D's

Re: Swamped F-12X

Since it ran when you flipped it back over I dont think any water got inside the engine.

I would go ride it for a hour to get eveything hot and that would dry out any water that may be inside. Check the oil every 15 min and see if it is getting milky. If so bring it in and change it.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks dank!

I was hoping that it just got a little water in the exhaust and didn't make it into the engine.

Comment

I would change the oil a few times until you see no signs of water - running it in between changes for several minutes.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

:) All is fine. Runs great, no smoke! I changed the oil once more to make sure. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

Working...
            X