Tech Support, need RV cover & valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support, need RV cover & valve

SBT Tech Support, typically how long does it take to get a machined RV cover and valve? I rechecked the clearance on mine and got 0.015-0.017 using the solder method. I have been having a hard time restarting the ski when it is warm. The RV cover looks fair, I've attached a picture, but you can feel grooves as you drag your finger nail across the surface. NOt quite as deep as a phonograph record surface but similar. I checked the Rotary Valve surface and it appears good (147 degree) but I might as well replace it to, if I'm going through this much trouble.

Can you tell me if an exhange is available, the number on my RV cover is 911.165?

Also, does an exchange include both O-rings (one on each side)?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Tech Support, need RV cover & valve

You don't need to change the o-rings. That cover is toast and out of spec for clearance. I don't know what our stock is, we have most ready to go, couple days wait at the most. Call in to Sales M-F 8-5est.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Tech Support, need RV cover & valve

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll call first thing tomorrow morning. I was thinking of replacing the o-rings because the RV cover ring has a flat spot on it and once again, for a couple of bucks, I might as well eliminate another potential problem.

Comment

Working...
      X