Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering Assembly Removal 98' GSX (help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Assembly Removal 98' GSX (help)

In order to get to my fuel baffle my shop manual for my 98' gsx limited tells me I have to remove the steering assembly... I'm wondering if anyone out there has done this before and exactly how far I need to go as far as the manual tells me? I've seen some other posts that just say to remove entire steering pod itself by removing those 4 bolts that you see holding the steering unit down when you lift the hood up. Do I just have to remove those 4 bolts to get to the baffle? Or do I need to also remove the steering cable, etc...?

I've also seen posts telling people to go through the hood and pull the gas tank toward the front of the sea-doo in order to get to the baffle? What is the easiest way? Thanks
    Last edited by Smooth212; 06-26-2005, 08:47 PM.

Re: Steering Assembly Removal 98' GSX (help)

because if the way the baffle sits under the cable it will not slide all the way out as it is pretty long to go to bottem of tank remove cable and bracket loosen hbars and pull up and lay to side then remove baffle replace and reinstall not a hard thing to do.

Comment

Thanks Frank... So am i right to remove the 4 bolts that hold the entire steering column to the body of the jet-ski? And then remove the cable and bracket once I pull the column off? Or do I need to remove the cable and bracket first before I remove the 4 bolts? I'm just wondering which way is easiest... I just wanna have a gameplan before I start taking things apart....

Comment

remove the cable and bracket then the 4 bolts and then pull straight up on the assy and lay it to the side.

Comment

Working...
        X