should i grease it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i grease it?

I dont know much about seadoo's. But the other day i was looking under the seat and found a grease fitting near where the shaft goes through the hull? First am i correct that it is where i should grease? if so how much grease should put in

Re: should i grease it?

Grease after every ride. The grease forces the water out of the bearing. Just enough grease until it starts to ooze out of the engine side of the bearing. Check the PTO also for a grease fitting and shoot enough grease in until the rubber boot starts to expand.
    "I'm doing the best that I can according to my current awareness!"

Comment

As Danny said....GREASE IT!!

If you don't then water will get into your drive shaft bearings and they will seize up. I do what Danny said and then run the engine for 30 secs afterwards to keep the bearing in good nick. Don't overgrease, only till grease starts to come out. You just use a grease gun and make sure you use the correct grease for your jetski. I have a 95 XP and use Morrey's Big Foot grease. Please go to your local service place and ask them what to use though-don't rely on what i am using because i am going on the advice of someone else:emoticont

Comment

manuals say like every 10 hours. I shoot two shots in there every other ride, which is more frequently than 10 hours.

Comment

okay i just gave each spot a couple squirts of grease runs better i think...but after running it on water after a minute or two it will bog down and then when i restart it, it will only run for a coulple seconds. gotta keep on giving it gas for it to run. is this normal? could the problem be old gas or is it something else?

Comment

Probably needs some attention to the carbs, needle and seat and fuel selector valve. No it is not normal, and greasing it should not change the way it runs.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

has this ski been sitting for a while, like over the winter, just before noticing that it now won't run good? (carbs) Or, did it just happen? (fuel lines/selector/pump)

Comment

Working...
              X