No announcement yet.

I too have the bogs at take off on my 96' 1100 Triple Yamaha Wave Raider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I too have the bogs at take off on my 96' 1100 Triple Yamaha Wave Raider

Do you think the too much oil could make bog???

Comment

no...carbs or compression...or fouled plug...

Comment

Check your POP-OFF pressure ,off idle transition will be crisper with about 35psi max on your pop-off,remember LOW speed screws are for IDLE only ,not for the off idle transition adjustment. Do not try to correct this condition with adjusting of low speed screws or your idle circut will be too rich.
        YoSA "Best Yamaha Dealer in the Lone Star State"

Comment

I have had good luck getting 1100s to take off without the bog ( now they might sputter some after a long idle) I take my miniture set of drill bits that I bought from a snap on man and find the largest bit that will pass through the pilot jet. Then I take the next size bit and drill out the jet....no brass comes out, only corrosion and some old fuel crust...I have fixed many four stroke small motorcycles this way (they have extra small pilots) and they all idle and respond much better...The jet is so small to begin with that any old fuel crusty crap will restrict the flow...now the drills are in such fine increments that only tend to clean the jet without making it much larger...worst case...I then have to buy new jets...I have an 1100 venture now and it idles and responds great with these cleaned out pilots.......

Comment

how do you check pop-off pressure? and will a low pop-off (below 20 psi) tell you you have a leaky gasket or need a carb rebuild?

Comment

Tech articles...
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The Bogging Raider.....
                I"ve recently purchased a 96 1100 Raider, which to my misery has had every problem listed in SBT and the PWC forms. My problem was the bogging, after checking the fuel lines, the selector switch ( which still have not ruled out as one of the problems), replaced a blown lower seal, taken the carb apart twice, checked the gas tank pressure valve, replaced and turned the fuel filter upside down, bypassed the selector switch and fuel filter, and finally rebuilt the fuel pump, yesterday we finally had a rocket ride.
                The problem is that my carbs high and low end screws were adjusted too much during all of this searching for the problem that the ski will only run fast, or idle, when I let off the gas too quickly, it stalls or bogs. At first I thought it was when i turned, or was thrown through a wake, but really it was me trottleing down that was causing this. hopefull that a carb adjustment corrects this.
                Have to say, riding this ski is scary compared to our seadoo's It's like riding a bull with jet packs straped to it's sides.

Comment

Working...
                X