96 slx780 "lowpower"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 slx780 "lowpower"

ok i have a 96slx780 it has a new motor with oil blockoff plate first ??? what ratio shoud i mix the gas? and next is my mdf always is flashing low power my speed dosn't work and i have to have the gray wire from my cdi unhooked to get it to run over 4500rpm anyone know whats the deal with this thing

Re: 96 slx780 "lowpower"

40:1

What is the history of this ski, and what if any mods are on it?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have a slx and a sl780. The sl just had the same problem only reving to 4500 if you unhooked the grey wire, it disconnected the fuel, temp and oil switch and ran great but if the pump comes out of the water you have no rev limiter. I replaced the part and it seems to be working fine now. I am not sure if the slx is the same as the sl but the grey wire ran to a square black box with a tan I think the 3rd wire was pink, it tucks under the circiut board. I took mine in and that's what they told me it was, but they couldn't get the part I found it online at www.mcmart.com. you might want to check you fuel,oil and temp sensor first, but it worked

Comment

my 750 was running at only 5200 rpms instead of 6200, one of the carbs needed rebuilt.

Comment

i've had this wave runner for about a yeart and a half last summer it threw a rod bearing so i bought the new motor and had it installed with the oil block off plate other than that it is stock.. it has always shown low power on the mfd

Comment

oh, I've seen LOPR. only seen it when hitting the MFD while not running, I thought it was just saying the voltage was a little low. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Comment

If voltage is less than 10.9 volts the display flashes LOPR and all speed and distance functions are disabled until normal voltage is restored. It sounds like you have a bad battery or your stater is not charging. Check the Yellow wire to the voltage regulator with a volt meter to see if you are charging or if the voltage regulator is bad.

Comment

I had a 97 sl780 with lopr and had to change the mfd but it still ran ok

Comment

Mfd
                  http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...achmentid=1326

Comment

On mine, the voltage would be ok, but when first hitting the starter it would say LOPR, but it would just take a second or two for the MFD to 'warm up'. Hopefully this is the case with yours.

I was told by another person they 'reset' theirs, thusly, and it went away... They pressed down on the set button for ten seconds, then added pressing down on the mode key for ten seconds, then let go of both.

Comment

im getting 12.36 volts off the yellow wire also my bilge will run with the engine off if i hook it up should i replace my lr52 module

Comment

Working...
                      X