Oil guage and oil type????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil guage and oil type????

I recently purchased 2 1999 tigershark TS770R's. When I first got them the oil light came on, I filled it full with Pensoil synthetic for PWC. The light went off. After putting about 20 hours on it, the light came back on. The oil is 3/4 the way full but the light still comes on. I read in these forums that the oil sender is probably bad. I unplugged it and of course the light went off. I started it up and it is burning oil (white smoke from the exhaust).

My questions are these:
    1) Do you think this is the problem and should I replace it?
    2) What type of oil should I be using? API-TC or TC-3?

I had a seadoo and the guy I bought it from use regular 2 stroke oil and jacked it up. I had it fixed and started using the seadoo oil. I am trying to avoid the same mistake.

Any help is appreciated and this forum is great because I have not found much info on tigersharks since they stopped making them in 99.

Re: Oil guage and oil type????

A good oil would be Yamalube 2W. I would leave the sensor alone. You should fill the oil tank at least every other tank of fuel not wait until it gets low. If you forget it will cost you an engine.

20 hours of run time should have used a lot more oil than a little over a quart. but you may have added more during that time. If you fill the tank and the light stays on replace or disconnect the sensor and fill the oil tank when you fill the fuel tank.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

No I am sorry for the confusion. I refill the oil everytime I gas it up. What type do you run in it API-TC or TC-3?

Comment

TCW-3, anything but the cheap $2.99 walmart/quicksilver crap will be just fine in that engine.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

if it becomes too much of a problem (showing low when full) and you know you'll always check the oil, you can cut the wires going to the sensor and put in a 33 ohm resister, bypassing the sending unit. It will think it's always full of oil, but you will have to do as you say, check it or top it off everytime you add gas.

I agree, the wal-mart tc-w3 is like $6 per gallon. That'll last you a long time.

Comment

Working...
          X