XP Oil Pump linkage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Oil Pump linkage Question

I bought a used '94 XP that starts right up and runs but was emitting a bunch of smoke. I put fresh gas, fresh Seadoo XPS oil, changed the oil filter, bled the system and drained the crank. About 2 ounces of gas smelling oil came out of the PTO cylinder and a tiny amount from the Mag cylinder.

While doing all this I notice a couple of things that are bugging me. I checked the alignment marks on the pump and they were off the cable to the pump was hanging freely and I noticed a metal bracket near where the pump cable connects to the carb bell crank. It had a hole with a notch slit into which I thought would be for this cable. I hooked the pump cable into it and sure enough the marks lined up, nice and pretty. What bothers me is that it seems like there should be some kind of guide, plastic or ottherwise rather than it just rubbing on the bare bracket. Is something missing here? (see photo).

The other thing is that the front small hose leading to the manifold from the pump doesn't have any oil. The rear one does. I cranked the engine for short bursts without starting it with the lever advanced and no oil would fill it. I even bled it again and repeated the operation.

I'm fearful of starting it in this condition with no oil getting to the front cylinder. Is it possible to open these pumps and check the check valves?

Last, where do you buy the the pliers for pinching the clamps on the small pump hoses?

Re: XP Oil Pump linkage Question

yes there should be a little rubber piece there You need to do the bleed then try and fill the oil line with the motor on the flush kit as it doesnt get much oil int he lines and takes more than just a few seconds to fill them even in the fulll on position. As far as the pliers you can get them at the dealer or you can just use zip ties.

Comment

Originally posted by frankey01
      yes there should be a little rubber piece there You need to do the bleed then try and fill the oil line with the motor on the flush kit as it doesnt get much oil int he lines and takes more than just a few seconds to fill them even in the fulll on position. As far as the pliers you can get them at the dealer or you can just use zip ties.
      This rubber piece, is that something that can be purchased seperately or does it come with the cable?

I was also going to ask if it is normal to have some oil in the crank or should it be dry at all times?

Comment

270000060 GUIDE-CABLE $2.50 from any dealer
        John Kubiak
        Powersports Technical Training Professional
        Las Vegas, Nevada
        Sea-Doo Tech 13736
        PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
        PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
        NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
        Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

it is nto normal to have that much oil coming from the cylinders possibly you may have inner crank seals that are leaking and will eventually get worse as they deteriorate. look into making repairs

Comment

Working...
          X