kill/lanyard switch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kill/lanyard switch problems

Having some problems with my newly rebuilt 96 Waveblasters stop function!!! Hope I can get some suggestions!?! The problem is when I try to kill the engine with the stop button or pulling the lanyard it doesn't want to die!! I've tried to hit the stop button after pulling the lanyard and it keeps running. In order to start it up again I have to clip the lanyard back!!! The lanyard will let it start but will not stop it!?? I have an MSD Enhancer Ign. in it. I have sort of had this problem before with my Blaster II, I installed a Riva Programable Ign. in the Blaster II and it did the same thing(no stop at all). I put the stock CDI back in it and it worked fine so I sent the Riva CDI back on warranty and got a new one. I installed that new Riva CDI 6 yrs. ago and have had no trouble since. Now back to my current issue. The Blaster has been built up. The engine is basicly a Superstock 754(ported cases and cyl. head, pipe etc...). When I first got it running there was no trouble at all!!! After roughly the same time period as before(7-10hrs.) the stop problem occured with the Blaster and Blaster II. Since it was the CDI before(Blaster II) and after checking the switches for continuity I figured it was the CDI. I installed a new MSD Enhancer Ign. and again I got about 7-10 hrs and once again I've lost my eng. stop capibilities!!! What am I missing or is it possible that I've received another defective CDI??? Any help and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!
    Kevin

Re: kill/lanyard switch problems

I think the white wire coming out of the CDI ignitor unit is the kill wire...when it is connected to ground it kills the ignition...try connecting it to ground with engine running...if this works, it's either a switch problem or wire harness problem...if not, it's the CDI again..........

Comment

Working...
    X