Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryan, can your forum handle the volume of the Riva forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan, can your forum handle the volume of the Riva forum?

Bryan,
    I am dissatisfied with the Riva forum administration
    ...the downtime resolution doesn't seem to be much of a priority to them,

...the censorship of items with no explanation is disrespectful to the members,

However, they are knowleable and it's an obvious place to find gp,gpr,and sj info and people.

I am wanting to try to sway the members to make a new forum the main meeting place. Would your system handle this okay? You have a respected knowledge base and never get into troublesome discussions that flare up on occasion.

What do you think? Any idea on how i can best present my idea for the best possible chance of success?

thanks for any input,
    Dave
    97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
    dav_dman@yahoo.com

Yes our server is more than capable of handling the traffic - they really don't get much of any server traffic, as far as the message board is concerned. There are other boards using the same software with 1000x the posts they get without issues, and we are running on a great platform over here. We have not turned on our shopping cart yet, which will undoubtedly raise our usage, but right now our server isn't even breaking a sweat, and certainly wouldn't by adding the traffic Riva gets.

I don't know how sucessfull you'd be swaying others to use another forum - be it here or elsewhere. I know most of the members over there have at least registered here, and some occasionally post. I'm not sure why they tend to be loyal to the Riva board over the others.

Comment

thanks Bryan.
      dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Dav Dman I`m with you as far as riva goes with their message board. They seem to be more interested in the profit and the good of riva as opposed to what is good for their customers as far as info about other products. Yes they can be very helpful at times and do have many very good products. But so does Bryan and SBT. Just My 2 cents worth. I think using this message board would be a great idea. Brad

Comment

While ive gone on the RIva site, i found their holier than thou attitude a little too much. Whenever anyone posted something negative about RIVA or that they tried a different part or found a better way to do something they delete the message. personally I do not use RIVA products on any of my skis. I did have a intake made by riva but did nto use it and finally gave it away.
          While I havent been posting a lot on here its only cause Ive been so dang busy training new guys
          Anyway I dont go on rivas site anymore and they really seem to be down a lot. I also dont like having my posts deleted
          Rob

Comment

I have a plan...and i could use you guys help. It'll take 3mins of your time and no risk.

I'll email you the plan after riva gets the site back up....is your email in your profile on this site? i better check mine..i think it is..

thanks,
            Dave
            dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

kid4now what is your email pls?..you can send to me privately at dave_sharp@hotmail.com (i didn't see it on your profile).
              thanks
              Dave
              dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

I am here too.............(and had a post deleted from that site.........) :(

Comment

Hi all!
                  Well, dav, I think Bryan is right on this one. I've tried swaying the Riva forum members on several occassions to other boards but one thing I have to let you know, regardless of what Riva does, they remain loyal. This is a very nice site and I like reading and post occasionally here too. But, unlike me, the other Riva members I'm sure will be back at their bickering about who's the fastest as soon as the forum is back up. Guess the only way to try something is to ask them again, so good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

thanks for the encouragement, Susan...appreciate your telling me to give it a go. My other thought was PWCToday, actually, where i know you are an excellent moderator...but my acid test for a home site is that the host site sponsor itself be highly knowledgable and able to jump in and answer questions during the day sometimes.... while you easily qualify for this, pwctoday does not..so i figured Bryan would be the best fit.

After that careful consideration, i know i'm wasting my time but nothing was ever changed without trying so i'm gonna do my part and try my best to persuade. I'll email you my plan for your thoughts and consideration whenever Riva decides to invest the $ to get their site back up...i need it up for a few days before we work the plan. I've already made SBT my home on my browser...I'll still cruise them all, including Riva, but when i open up my browser SBT will be there instead of Riva.
                    Have a Happy HOlidays and
                    thanks again,
                    Dave
                    dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

I've since noticed that Rob is also a moderator for this site...which makes it an even wiser choice!

Didn't mean to leave you out of my discussion with Susan , Rob. I didn't realize you were a moderator until i re-read my post...

sorry, your advice is always welcome and well respected as well,
                      Happy Holidays!
                      Dave
                      dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Noooooooooo! I wouldn't want to moderate a group like that anyway! LMAO!! Those boys are very serious and get very offensive regarding their posts. Nothing meant against them, because I realize most of them have thousands of $$$$ invested in mods and I have learned, different things work for different people anyway. Alot depends on the mod combo as well as your temp, altitude, etc. etc. I have alot of respect for most of them, and with my racing skis, would not be in a position to entertain what has or is being done with my skis. I just enjoy watching and reading and making new friends. Although my tech knowledge is mainly based on first hand knowledge from my techs and sponsors, I'm more the friendly "just want to ride the hell out of it" type. I've been lucky enough to make friends with the ones who have accomplished what I consider ultimate performance from the GPR's and their friendship is based alot on loyality I choose to keep. But don't worry, wherever it is, if it's concerning GPR's I'll be there with some input! hehe!!! Good luck with your venture!! Ride hard & stay wet!!! :D

[ December 25, 2001: Message edited by: SuzanGPR ]</p>
                        Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

Well The yamaha board on SBT is prety cool. I try to help out on the other sections, and Bill is a sea doo moderator. From what I read he knows his stuff also. SBT has a good group on here that do know what they are talking abotu . its a little more diverse than RIVA which is YAMAHAS only and its srrms to be more of a GP/GPR bosrd rhather than a Yamaha board. And if someone asks a qiestion abotu any other ski they sort of get ganged up on. Another thing Im tired of is the bragging of How fast my ski is and that sort of gets old. Im sure some of those guys have thousands of $$ in mods, but there is more to jet skiing than top speed. at least thats my opinion. Thats why Even though I will lok on the other forums I mostly post here and pn jet ski .com.
                          i know a lot about different skis and what I dont know Im sure bryan or someone else does
                          Rob

Comment

Hi Raider
                            My point exactly. Riva is a performance company and therefore you do find mainly their premier skis performance issues being discussed there. I post at alot of different forums and have learned alot from the various members of most of the forums I read. And while I may or may not agree on why some posts get deleted or edited, I strongly feel that Riva is in business to make money and most of us should be adults about it and not bring another performance companies info to a site that has the same or similiar product. There are alot of members over there that still don't get it, the site is there for the members to use, but Riva, owning the site has the right to edit as they deem necessary. At the rate new boards become available others are calling it quits, so I just continue to bookmark and unbookmark as new ones are added and old ones removed. Hope none of what I'm saying offends anyone, just being a moderator at www.PWCToday.com has given me some insite to what sites are and are not wanting put there and mostly just observing trends on posts for different sites. BTW, Bryan, this site still remains one of the most friendly out there. Keep up the great work!!

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]</p>

Comment

riva is back up. I'll be in touch in the next few days with you guys.
                              dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X