'00 gpr accelerator pump fix ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '00 gpr accelerator pump fix ...

I think I need to rebuild my accelerator pump ... anyone here have a source for replacement diaphrams and springs?
    James
    1997 gp1200
    2000 gp1200r

Re: '00 gpr accelerator pump fix ...

Dealer only.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Disable the pump and re-jet your carbs 120H, 110L, 95g spring, 1.5 N/S.... you won't be sorry!!!!:emoticonc

Comment

Originally posted by BradMB2004
        Disable the pump and re-jet your carbs 120H, 110L, 95g spring, 1.5 N/S.... you won't be sorry!!!!:emoticonc
        Thanks! What does "1.5 N/S" refer to?

As I understand, the GPR carb adjustment screws are blocked off ... I should just leave them as is?

I heard there were ways of disabling the accelerator pump .... is there any down-side to doing this?

Thanks again ... rejetting would be much cheaper than getting replacement pump and parts .....
        James
        1997 gp1200
        2000 gp1200r

Comment

1.5 is the size of the needle and seat, that would be the correct size with that jetting set-up.

You will have to remove your tamper caps to access your high and low speed adjusters.... http://www.wppracing.com/Technical%20Modifications.htm .....

There is no down side to disabling the accel pump, an easy way is to remove the ecentric from the shaft so it does not push the accel pump's arm. no accel pump will just give you crisper throttle response. Go ahead and re-build the carbs while you're at it since they're about 5 years old. You can get the re-build kits through SBT.

You can get the entire re-jet kit through www.wppracing.com , Brian is a great guy to deal with.

Comment

I had similar problems last year and rebuilt all the carbs -- they really needed it then.

Will I need to re-adjust the mix screws? What would I be turning the high and low screws to after I re-jet?

Thanks,
            James
            1997 gp1200
            2000 gp1200r

Comment

yes, you will need to adjust the highs and lows a bit. Whoever sells you the jet kit can give you a baseline for your highs and lows...

Comment

Working...
              X