1100 STX D I low RPM stall yr:2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1100 STX D I low RPM stall yr:2000

The only thing mechanical on a DI engine you can check that would cause this is your crank indexing. Put the front piston to TDC, the back two should be even with each other.

Other than that, you need to take it to a Kawasaki dealer for diagnosis, you most likely have something out of calibration, or a bad sensor.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 1100 STX D I low RPM stall yr:2000

I thought I was the only one that had problems with codes 16 and 17.
      I thought I was the only one that had spent thousands of dollars trying to get my D.I. to run with out dying.
      I thought I was the only one to take their D.I. to the best Kawasaki dealer's service shops and not have the problem fixed.
      I just had my engine rebuilt because I thought code 17 was getting oil on the stator from the front seal. After re-installing the engine the problem still happens. There is still oil on the stator. Why?
      The rest of you D.I. owners should read my other posts regarding the problems that I had with my D.I.
      I actually had my D.I. throw a rod within one hour after getting it out of a Kawasaki dealer service shop. I had just had it's 25 hour service and tune up.
      I told the service manager that the engine "sounded wrong", and he said "thats the way they sound".
      As I write I have not been able to ride my D.I for over 10 months. This last summer is the second one that I have missed riding my D.I., due to it not running.
      Also, I received a letter from Kawasaki telling my to take my D.I. to a dealer to have them check my fuel vent line. Why didn't the dealers check the fuel line when I had it in their shop? The letter came in the mail about the same time I was bringing my D.I home from the shop.

Comment

Working...
      X