04 gtx s/c...Depth finder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 gtx s/c...Depth finder?

I'm getting different opinions. Do these have this feature. I bought 2 and took them out for the break-in period and one showed depth but only said 0 ft...never changed. The other one never came up on the digital display. Took them to the dealer for the 10 hr. maint. and told them the problem so they said they fixed it. Now they both come up but still say 0 ft and never change. If these do not have this feature..why in the hell would they make it show on the display. Are these service techs morons or what? Either way they didn't fix it one way or the another. WestCoast Water Sports in Corona,Ca. did the service. They said they have this feature but i can't find anything to confirm this. Please help.

Thanks, joe

Re: 04 gtx s/c...Depth finder?

Is your ski a GTX Limited SC unit? If not the depth finder has to be installed and then turned on the best I can recall. The limiteds are the only one I know of with the depthfinder built in from the factory.

Bill

Comment

No , it's not the limited. can't figure out why they would even program it in there if it does not even have one.

Comment

It saves SD from having to make 2 different multi-function guages and MPEM's?
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Teke them back to the dealer and have them turn off the depth finder function. I talked to a tech last week when picking up my ski and he said it is done through the BUDS system on 4 Techs

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by JAVAJOE
            I'm getting different opinions. Do these have this feature. I bought 2 and took them out for the break-in period and one showed depth but only said 0 ft...never changed. The other one never came up on the digital display. Took them to the dealer for the 10 hr. maint. and told them the problem so they said they fixed it. Now they both come up but still say 0 ft and never change. If these do not have this feature..why in the hell would they make it show on the display. Are these service techs morons or what? Either way they didn't fix it one way or the another. WestCoast Water Sports in Corona,Ca. did the service. They said they have this feature but i can't find anything to confirm this. Please help.

Thanks, joe
            The 2004 GTX-SC has the capability for a depth sounder but doesn't come with the sensor unless you purchased the Limited model. I didn't, so I had the depth sounder package installed in my '04 SC and had the control module adjusted to turn the feature on.

Personally, I think the depth sounder is a great feature if you operate your unit close to shore. The readings (on my unit) are pretty accurate and I know when I am in 5'+ so I can accelerate away from shore without the risk of sucking up sand/stones, etc. Cruising new inlets, etc. is safer as well.

I also added a Garmin 76CS to my Sea Doo. This is an optional piece of equipment that also comes standard on the '04 Limited. Actually the Limited comes with the 76S which has a monochrome display (which I find difficult to read). The 76CS is a color model and is a bit thicker than the 76S. I tried mounting the 76CS onto a Limited at the dealership and it locks in (a bit tight) to the custom glove box cover that the Limited is delivered with and stays locked in. I've ordered the Limited's glovebox cover for my Sea Doo.

I was having a difficult time deciding between the Limited and the regular SC, especially given that the cost difference was over $3,000CAD. I installed the depth sounder for $500CAD, the glovebox cover (with the GPS mount) $50.00CAD and the GPS - $575CAD, for a total of $1,125, saving myself about $2,000!

Comment

Thanks guy's!!!

Comment

Working...
              X