96 WBII Won't Stop Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 WBII Won't Stop Running

Seems nothing but bad luck this weekend. The WBII started up and ran fine however it wouldn't stop running when the lanyard was out of position nor would the stop button kill the engine. My first thought was the kill switch assembly so I removed it and replaced it with the one that I had, still no difference. The starter will not engage unless the lanyard is in place which indicates to me that the switch assembly is functioning. Removed and opened up the CDI box to check for corrosion couldn't find anything wrong or evidence of corrosion. Any ideas?

Re: 96 WBII Won't Stop Running

It is dieseling. The switch controls the spark but when they diesel they run without the spark. Quickest way to stop the engine is full choke. It will make the mixture too rich to keep running.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
    Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

Re: 96 WBII Won't Stop Running

Sorry to say it was not dieseling. It actually had a bad shut off circuit in the CDI unit. Required the part to be replaced. I learned that many things can cause this problem the most obvious is the kill switch, second is the wire connector for the black and white wires to check for corrosion, and the most uncommon is a bad CDI. Repairs were about $200 to replace the box.
      Last edited by cpearre; 08-14-2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X