Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Seadoo GTX. Over Heats.

Hello all.

I have not posted here in quite some time. last year about this time I had just purchased my seadoo and it needed an engine rebuild. I have since rebuilt the engine and had the seadoo on the water several times with very good results. Well now I am having some problems. I have a service manual that has been a huge help with owning and maintaining the watercraft. However its not too much of a help in this particular case. I went to use the seadoo this 4th of July weekend and the over heating warning buzzer went off and the jetski lost some power. So i shut the machine down and let it cool down while i sat there thinking about what the problem could be. I started the seadoo back up and it ran great until i slowed the machine down then the buzzer would go off again. I ended up back at the camp and flushed the cooling system with a garden hose per the service manual directions. Then i even went as far as to pull cooling system hoses off and blew thru them. I could hear water bubbling under the jet ski so i figured i would take the jetski out for a test run. Well here is where i am at. The craft still over heats at slow speed. At full throttle I noticed that there is a nice stream of hot water coming out of both rear water outlets just below the seat. The seadoo runs great at full throttle and does not overheat. When i slow down the stream from left side of the craft slows down and steam starts coming out. I have flowed this port back and it goes to the top of the cylinder head. I have determined that the problem is caused by a water flow problem. Where does the water pressure come from at slow speeds and idle to cool the engine? What should i do next? I do not want to ruin the engine that i just rebuilt last season. Thanks for any and all thoughts.

Gordon

Re: 1993 Seadoo GTX. Over Heats.

Rebuild the pump, wear ring replaced, impellor repaired.

When your impellor and/or wear ring is shot, it will not make water pressure at low rpm.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X