Re-Build Kawasaki 1200 Ultra 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Build Kawasaki 1200 Ultra 150

My son and I just installed our SBT re-built engine and cannot the engine to start. There is spark, fuel to the carbs, etc. While trying to start the engine there will be an ocassionaly backfire. Suggestions on what to check or what may have gone wrong with the install. We followed the procedures carefully and double-checked each other. Obviously we did something wrong.

Re: Re-Build Kawasaki 1200 Ultra 150

You have the magneto cup mis aligned on the flywheel. The little Mitsubishi triangle symbol needs to align with the marks of the gears and the flywheel key.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

We double-checked the alignment marks. Could it be that the flywheel key did not seat correctly and broke? Regardless, of either I assume we will be removing the engine again. Any short-cuts on the removal to check the alignment/key? Can we do this with the engine standing upwards in the hull?

Comment

You can check it in the hull, sure. If the flywheel spun and sheared the key, it's only because it was not seated/torqued properly - the key is ONLY for alignment, it does not hold it in place.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X