'95 Wave Venture 700 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '95 Wave Venture 700 Help

i'm sorry i dont know the answer to your question,but i cant find out how to post my problem.i have a 96 yamaha wave ventur,maby u can help me on my problem or tell me how to post it,i just baught it and got screwd over,paid top dolar for it because seller said its perfect,i put in watter and at slow speeds if u hammer it the engine revs but u bareley move,i orderd a new impeller since this one is warn,i took old one off hoping this is my problem,the whole shaft slides out when u go to take it out to replace impeller,my problem is when i try sliding shaft back in its like its catching on something up by engine,first it hits something hard i wiggle and turn then it goes farther about an inch before where its supost to go it pushing on something soft,if u push it it acturaly pushes back,if u read all this thanks,and if u know my answer or know someone who does that can tell me i realy apreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeGee
      One more thing, it looks like water has gotten into the digital speedometer. We can still see the speed, fuel levels, etc. but it just looks like a wet half moon. Is there any way to dry it out, or like everything else, will we need to replace it too?
      Is the vent hose on the meter correctly and positioned correct ??

Mine did not get the hose on when I re-assemble after buying ski initially, and wife turned ski over...water in meter... take a vacuum pump and fit it to the meter with a piece of hose, and draw vacuum into the meter, it will boil out the water after a while.. I did mine at work jerri-rigged to the A/C vacuum pump.

Originally posted by TeeGee
      Uncle-Buck, both carbs were completely rebuilt, but now I'm thinking it may be the reed valves. However, they haven't been removed in order to check as of yet. If it could be the reeds, what specifically should I be looking for?
      Look for chipped/cracked petals, they should lay flat to the housing, weeeeee tiny gap ok, as crackcase turbulance will push them down. If in doubt, just buy new reed set, dont want leaking intake valves, you've went that far to tear down to inspect, drop a set in and run with it.
      ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Originally posted by easy-money
        I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question,but I can't find out how to post my problem.

I have a 96 Yamaha Waveventure, maybe you can help me on my problem, or tell me how to post it... I just bought it and got screwed over, paid top dollar for it, because seller said its perfect.

I put in water and at slow speeds if you hammer it, the engine revs, but the ski barely moves.

I ordered a new impeller, since this one is worn. I took the old one off, hoping this is my problem. The whole shaft slides out when you go to take it out to replace impeller.. my problem is when I try sliding shaft back in, it's like it's catching on something up by engine.

First it hits something hard, I wiggle and turn the shaft, then it goes farther in, about an inch before where its suposed to go, it pushing on something soft. If I push it, it actually pushes back.

If you read all this, thanks. If you know my answer, or know someone who does that can tell me, I really appreciate it.
        Appears to make sense now...

The shaft passes through a seal part way up the tube, so you need to be centered when installing the shaft back up the bore. Ideally the assembly should slide right back into place, beside having to align the splines to the intermediate shaft when going back in.. Been too long since I had mine apart to be able to go into more detail.. is the shaft falling out of the vein housing ?

If and when you get it back together properly, inspect the clearance between the prop to stainless ring... you looking for ideally .010" clearance, with a maximum of .024", so the tigher, the better to build water pressure in the pump to make the ski go.
        Last edited by CaptToyota; 08-14-2007, 12:21 PM.
        ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

TeeGee,

I had a similar problem with my 97 Venture 1100. Turned out to be a two part failure that I would think would be pretty rare. The fuel petcock was failed internally so that fuel would only flow in the Reserve position. There is a plastic sleeve in it that had siezed to the shaft blocking fuel flow in the ON position. That would have been ok except the reserve pickup tube in the tank has a square cut hose that is supposed to sit just above the bottom of the tank. Apparently after years of bucking the waves the reserve pickup tube had dropped very close to the bottom of the tank. The result was that the ski would run until you filled it with gas which collasped the fuel tank enough to seal off the pickup on the tank bottom. Easiest way to check for this would be to run a temp fuel line from the ON tube in the tank directly to the fuel filter. Good Luck

RK

Comment

Working...
          X