4-Tec Starting Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-Tec Starting Issues

It's an '03 NA model with 82 hours on it. The ski has been flawless since new except for 2 times that it was hard starting. The first time, the engine started and ran for about a second, then died, and after that it would not even turn over. I put her back on the trailer and checked the battery. When it checked out Ok I tried starting her on the trailer and it fired right up. Put her baclk in the water and been running fine since yesterday.

The second time it would not fire. It cranked over just fine but would not start. It took a few minutes and 5 or 6 tries to finally get it running. No problems the rest of the day.

I might mention that both times I was in heavy weeds just before the problem occurred. However, both times I shut down the motor and drifted thru the weeds without the motor running, so I don't think that there was much in the tunnel.

So, am I being paranoid or what? No trouble codes registered either time. Any comments? TIA

Re: 4-Tec Starting Issues

If the impeller is restricted with weeds, could that make it turn over slower than normal, thus preventing it from firing, or worst case, not allowing it to turn over at all?

Comment

Re: 4-Tec Starting Issues

yes that could be an issue same as trying to start it with stuff up in the intake grate

Comment

Working...
      X