760 raider carb problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 760 raider carb problems?

Hey anyone out there know what I need to do to get my raider to work right? I have to use starting fluid to start it and when it runs it only seems to run 3/4 power its slugish midrange hesitates etc. I can't seem to get a reliable dealer to help. I've changed the plugs, filter I'm thinking reeds or carbs. how do I know if the reeds are bad? help !!!!! Thanks!

You can easily inspect the reeds. Remove the carbs and intake manifold to get them out. Look at each petal for cracks, missing material, or reeds not sealing correctly.

Did this happen all of a sudden?

Comment

Brian I bought it this way the guy I got it from said it sank we rode it all summer this way and I want it to be reliable I'm buying two diffrent skis and my wife wants this one I do not want her to get stuck in the middle of the lake. it runs ok there just is something wrong and mt dealers around here suck they charge outragious prices and do shoddy work the last guy lost his entire engine after they worked on his and they said he was screwed. heck if they blow it up and I have to pay them 500 bucks I can do that for free, I just need a little help and I think I can get it if it were an airplane there would be no problem. thanks Steve

Comment

I would take off the carbs, inspect the reeds, then rebuild the carbs. If it was sunk, there's a good chance of water getting forced through the puls lines and blowing out the pump diaphragms, and you may not be getting adaquate fuel pressure.

Comment

Working...
        X