1990 super jet 650 will not ldle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 super jet 650 will not ldle

1990 super jet hard starting must hold to a half throttle to start.And has no power . could one of the spark plugs be faulty

Re: 1990 super jet 650 will not ldle

it could be a spark plug no fuel or bad compression whats your compression on that engine

Comment

When it was running good the day before it had the same fuel in it .I have not checked the compression yet. The superjet is a 3 hour drive away so I need all the idels you have to check it out this weekend THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Comment

I've got 3 Yammy 650's ....all have collected problems over the years. One would not idle and hardly would run without choke half way out. I found a blown out gasket on the reed block. One I have done everything I know of and still can't get it to do anything but idle and it does that great. I've gone thru problems of smoke in the hull. One I have runs great for a little while then wants to cough and puke and the only thing I can think I haven't checked is to see if the jet pump is binding as it could be worn out and holding the motor back. Lots of luck... most of the time it is a fuel line problem. I wish I could find a good source locally for clear fuel line similar to the original tubing...all the local parts stores have is that bulky crap that's hard to bend in tight curves.

Comment

Originally posted by randyj
          I wish I could find a good source locally for clear fuel line similar to the original tubing...all the local parts stores have is that bulky crap that's hard to bend in tight curves.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...168580762&rd=1

Comment

Thanks Got2...that's pretty good stuff for a weedeater... I could be wrong but I think a 650 is a bit more than the 45cc engines this is rated for

Comment

LMAO, sorry, just thought that might not be a bad place to look. My kid dressed his Infinity with some red colored clear reinforced stuff he got from ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X