STOLEN ENGINE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN ENGINE??

MY NEIGHBOR RECENTLY PURCHASED A USED 1994 KAWASAKI 750 SS. WENT TO HAVE THE THING REGISTERED AND TAGGED AND THE STATE AGENCY WHERE THE BOATS ARE TITLED SHOWS THE MOTOR TO BE STOLEN.THEY ARE GOING BY THE #S ON THE BLOCK IN FRONT OF THE CARBURATOR. THIS IS AN SBT MOTOR AND THE SELLER GAVE HIM ALL APPROPIATE PAPERWORK AND PROOF THAT THE ENGINE HAS INDEED BEEN REPLACED. THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SATISFY THE TITLE PEOPLE AND NOW HE HAS A BIG HEADACHE TO DEAL WITH. IN TX THE TITLES FOR BOATS AND SKIS REQUIRE A MOTOR ID # ON THE TITLE PAPERWORK. THEY WILL NOT ISSUE A TITLE TO HIM WITH THIS STOLEN INFORMATION BEING ON IT. BY THE WAY IT IS SHOWING TO BE STOLEN FROM MICHIGAN. WHAT NOW?

There are no OEM PWC engines with serial numbers, and we only track ours internally, so I really don't know what number you are refering to.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Only number on a ski that i'm aware of is the registration# on the side and on mine the serial# for the ski itself, no motor number that i'm aware of either

Comment

Kawasaki has a motor serial number.
        Casey

Comment

I went out and looked at our core parts and didn't find any - where exactly is it located?

Comment

I know on our 750 motors it is right above the reed cages.

Comment

Wow you learn something new every day...although most of them are blank, I did find a couple with what appear to be a serial number, on the rear reed cage mount point, on the flat spot facing up.

A26531 - we talked yesterday on the phone, I don't remember if you said where the number was located that you read to me, you may indeed have a serial if it's on the reed mount. I'm not sure what to do if that's the case and the DMV won't register it. We could fax you a statement that the SBT engine in there has been remanufactured, but that's all. We don't track the individual cores, and if it was sometime in the past reported stolen, we would have no way of knowing where it in particular, came from.

Comment

They only put the numers on the ones that are going into skis replacement case generaly don't have a serial number. If maybe you could come up with a certificate of origin that might help you out.

Comment

What if you registered it in another state? then transfered it to TX once it is in your name. They clean car titles in this manner dont see why it woundnt work in your case

Comment

Re: STOLEN ENGINE??

I NEED THIS SAME MOTOR AND WILL BUY IT FROM HIM SINCE HE IS HAVING PROBLEMS. I RIDE IN MY OWN LAKE SO I DONT WORRY ABOUT IT
                    281-541-9291

Comment

Re: STOLEN ENGINE??

now i haven't worked on thousands of engines but evey one ive worked on here in australia has had one
                      be good,
                      if you cant be good,
                      be carefull
                      if you can't be carefull,
                      buy a pram

Comment

Working...
                      X