1996 900 zxi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 900 zxi

I just recently bought a 1996 900 zxi... My brother and his friend formally had hte 900 zxi and the 1100 zxi 1996 models.... I loved them but I was too young to own 1 then..so now I bought 1 of my own....She will go 50 with out setting trim and stuff and max out at 53 - 55 depending on water conditions... I was wondering what I could do to make the needle peg out at 60 mph...far as I know the machine is stock expect it has a aftermarket ride plate on it...It does not look like the best one because it does not have a V in it like my bros did but it does have an aftermarket one on.....I was wondering if a few things like spark plugs and air filters would do it or what....thanks

Re: 1996 900 zxi

Gonna have to do a lot of work to make it pin at 60. Going to have spend a lot of money. Might as well give up.. or buy a new ride if you wanna go that fast. Try a different impeller for starters. Might give ya 1 or 2 mph.

Comment

ok... then I will just give up..I thought since I can get her up to 55, 60 wouldn't be that big of difference....ok...soo...how about better fuel econmy....I want to make the ski alittle better...and ideas...or things u guys usally do??

Comment

I would prolly add a scoop grate and some sponsons to it. Still think about a different impeller and that would be about it. Gas milage is gonna suck pretty much no matter what you do.

Comment

ok why thanks man..will look into it !!

Comment

Working...
          X