1999 770r Tigershark Idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 770r Tigershark Idle problems

Hey everyone, Just purchased a 1999 770R tigershark and It runs pretty good so far, however when you are idling around the water it will just die. I was told to raise the idle switch a little bit but dont know where that is.:emoticonn . Would that fix the problem or any other ideas? The waverunner works fine above idle.

Also what oil do you reccommend for the premix and the engine oil. The previous owner gave me a box of amsoil 2-cycle oil. Do I use that in both the gas and the engine? Im a noobie here.

Thanks again
    Jason

Re: 1999 770r Tigershark Idle problems

If your 770 is like my 1000, then you dont need to premix the gas and oil. However im pretty sure it's a 2 cycle so you dont put oil directly into the engine. There should be a separate oil tank that you fill only with 2 cycle oil. What you received will work fine. For the idle- I think to adjust the speed, you need to either adjust an idle speed screw on the carbs(if there's one there-i don't know for sure.) or you would probably have to slide the throttle cable so that your carbs dont close as far when its at idle. Im not sure about this on a jet ski, but this is how it is on most other engines---ex. dirt bikes, mowers, weed eaters, etc. Hope this helps.

-john

Comment

sounds good. I will give that a try. Any other input or ideas would be appreciated

Comment

The idle screw is on the front carb. Look at the front side of the carb and you will see a slot cut in the metal bracket. Use a screwdriver at about a 45 deg. angle to adjust the idle up or down. Screw in will raise the idle out will lower it.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X