Battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery issues

I had just taken my waverunner out, and after having to start it up a few times the battery will die on me..the battery we new this summer..wondering what could be the problem

Re: Battery issues

You probably need a new rectifier so the battery can be charged while running.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

First where is it located...second what price am i looking to pay and last would i be able to put it in myself..thanks

Comment

First of all how long have you owned this PWC? then have you checked the water leve in the battery? Check the connections to make sure they are not loose or corrded. Check the ground on the starter to make sure it has good connection. The other check is using a multimeter and jumper cables. Try hooking the pos leads on the cable to the battery pos and pos cable. Start the engine and remove the jumper from the battery if it dies then you need a new magneto assembly located in the front of the engine which usually requires you to remove the engine. If it does not die then check with multimeter to see if the charge is 12-14vdc or what ever your repair manual says it should be. Most likely unless you have had to change out the starter or hear something knocking around in the fly wheel cover area, most likely it is a bad connection in the electrical area or def battery.

Comment

to test the rectifier start ski rev to 5000 rpm check voltage at battery if not between 13.1 and 15 replace rectifier.

Comment

Originally posted by gunbunny316
            First of all how long have you owned this PWC? then have you checked the water leve in the battery? Check the connections to make sure they are not loose or corrded. Check the ground on the starter to make sure it has good connection. The other check is using a multimeter and jumper cables. Try hooking the pos leads on the cable to the battery pos and pos cable. Start the engine and remove the jumper from the battery if it dies then you need a new magneto assembly located in the front of the engine which usually requires you to remove the engine. If it does not die then check with multimeter to see if the charge is 12-14vdc or what ever your repair manual says it should be. Most likely unless you have had to change out the starter or hear something knocking around in the fly wheel cover area, most likely it is a bad connection in the electrical area or def battery.
            just got back from vacation the other day and right before the battery died it thankfully turned over and started..i then rode it around for a good 45 minutes..the motor didnt die so im guessing that it might be just bad connections..i will go check that out

Comment

okay just checked all connections..they're all good but when i checked the fuse going to the rectifier looked fine but i found little orange droplets inside of that fuse..should i replace that fuse and could that be the problem?

Comment

was the droplets hard or wet, could be a little corrosion or it could be due to current almost causing it to blow. use an ohm meter to check it. I would suggest replacing it. The cost is only 20cents :emoticonc but thats not it I sugest try unconnect some of the conectors and reseating them, might have a bad connect and thats all it needs. Intermittant problems are always hard to find. Connectors are tricky even though you can snap them in If the male and female pins do not touch just right a cold or hot enviroment can cause them to loose contact. Also make sure they have a dialectric grease in them to prevent water from entering and keeps them sealed and dirt free.

Comment

Working...
                X