96 Sea-Doo XP Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Sea-Doo XP Opinions

Just wanted to hear from some of you Sea-Doo owners on your opinion of a 96 XP. It's totally stock and would be my second ski. I bought the first one two weeks ago (a 94 WaveRunner 3) and all I'm looking for at this point is good dependable fun.

What would you consider a resonable price of this model/year ski in good condition with a good trailer?

Lastly, do you have the typical specs for it, like engine size/hp, typical speeds, etc?

Thanks in advance for your opionions!!!

Barry
    Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Re: 96 Sea-Doo XP Opinions

FUN yes dependable wellllllll maybe. Id say you better be good with a wrench. If its in real good condition $2000.00 with a good trailer is a good price. Do a compression test before you buy it. And take it for a test ride for at least 20 min- if the guy will let ya They have 110 hp and run about 55 mph. comp should be aprox 150 psi

Comment

have the 787 motor in it and it is not wrench happy as long as you do the maintentance make sure when you get it for about 2250 or so a good price that you do the work to keep it in good shape otherwise you will be wrench happy on it

Comment

Re: 96 Sea-Doo SP (not XP) Opinions

Oooh, I fat-fingered that... it's an 96 SP not an XP. Does that make any difference? Out of curiousity - what are the typical differences between the SP and XP models?

Thanks again for your quick responces/feedback. It's most appreciated.
        Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Comment

Not much diff- but if you can find a xp they are alot more fun because of the speed diff- make sure the fuel tank has been replaced at no charge to you because of the recall.

Comment

Big difference in the motor department as the SP still has the 717 motor no double electric box no RAVE valves

Comment

u want an xp. theres one here for sale here check the for sale section. had both the xp is mucch better.

Comment

Working...
              X