This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with sbt motor

i have a small pwc repair business in NC. i recently purchased a sea doo 787 form sbt. when i took the ski out for the initial test drive, i noticed water spraying out from where the head bolts to the cylinder. i called sbt and was approved to take the head off and see if someting was interfering with one of the o rings. after removing the head and reinstalling, i discovered the problem. one of the head bolts will not torque because one of the threads in the cylinder is stripped out. i called sbt today and their answer is to remove the motor and they will replace. All i need is another cylinder,which is a lot easier to replace than the motor i have been working on skis for 15 years. this is one problem, the other: this is a customers boat, if i have to remove the motor or the cylinder who should pay me for the time? i cant ask the customer to pay. I understand sbt warranty does not cover labor, but if the motor comes to me with a problem like this, i believe there should be something that sbt can do.

Re: problem with sbt motor

Please contact our Warranty Department 877 330 0231 warranty@sbtontheweb.com for individual warranty questions.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X