Xp720 vs xp800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xp720 vs xp800

Just trying to get some more info on both skis, trying to figure out what my next ski is... been reading up on GroupK and here about mods and speed handling etc.

What I can tell because I want something that is still good in 1ft+ chop and better for two up I say the 97xp would be a better choice for me. But been looking at just saving money and just getting the xp720 but not sure if it will give me the speed I want. Mileage I'm sure is alot better but how much? and Whats the Topspeed? Xp800 is 55mph+ 96 1-2mph faster than the 97. But the 97 is more stable in ruff water.

I'm sure any of these skis I would be very happy with but I'm coming from a very stable two polaris and going two up on a xp/spx seems like I'm loosing alot fo stablily and if I go with the 800 relibliy issues as well.

oppinions well just looking for people inpression on these skis, looking to spend the least amount as possible for the best ski, yes I want the fasted but I don't want to work on it like I do with everything else I have.

prices around here in CND funds for these skis range from

97xp $3800-5000
    95-96xp800 $3500-4200
    98-99 xpl $5000-6500
    97-99 gsx $4000-6000
    98-99 gsxl $5000-6500

Would love the get the xpl but not interested in spending tons on gas so I don't think that would be a good choice.

Re: Xp720 vs xp800

I think you will find that the fuel milage on all of these skis doesn't really make much of a difference no matter which one you choose.

No doubt, I would choose the XPL over any of those other skis. If you have to have stability, go with a GTXL or GTI.

My next choice would be the 1996XP or 1997SPX.

The 720 powered XP would be my last choice of these skis.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

hmm so bottom line is they are all good I'm looking into this to much and just buy whatever is the best deal at the time, xpl being number one and I just have to watch the trottle if I want good mileage.

I know when I took out a friends gsx limited, I had it for about an hour messing around and I think I went though about 7 gallons maybe more that sort of sucked when I had to put 5 gallons back into it and it was only little more than half what it was when I took it out.

ok thanks for the help.

Anything major to look for on the xpl wear and tear wise?

thansk

Comment

If you're looking to carry a passenger, at least an adult passenger on a 97 or later XP/XPL, I'd suggest some wetsuits for cool weather riding, cause you're gonna get wet !!! Ski is extremely tipsy when passenger is boarding in open water....look to turn it over repeatedly....and no wake zones are a nightmare too... just idling with 100 lbs.+ on the back is really hard work.... the 95XP that I had was a little more stable...fair warning from someone who's been there, done that

Comment

All of those choices, but a GTX are really 1.5 person watercraft.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I carried someone on the back of my 95 XP-L when their ski broke down and I felt like my knees were going to go through my Chest! If you are going to have someone on the back get the GTX and be comfortable but if your Mostly one up Definately get the Shock Seat XP-L as it will challenge you more and thats what makes the sport FUN. You should be able to pick one up for about $3,500 with trailer.
            "The Hull Makes The Difference"

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge 707
              I carried someone on the back of my 95 XP-L when their ski broke down and I felt like my knees were going to go through my Chest! If you are going to have someone on the back get the GTX and be comfortable but if your Mostly one up Definately get the Shock Seat XP-L as it will challenge you more and thats what makes the sport FUN. You should be able to pick one up for about $3,500 with trailer.
              A buddy of mine that I ride with has a 94xp and him and with his GF on the back its fun watching them pull up to the dock, my GF is only 100lbs but I'm used to my sl650 which I consider very stable its perfect for two up but because of the lack fo trim it sucks! in ruffer water and well it sucks in ruff water regardless and its slow so ya.

Basically I'll just end up buying whatever is the best deal but would like the get the newer xp just because its little bit bigger and handles the ruff water a lot better but its more $ so it all comes back to how much do I want to spend. I just want to make sure that I don't get one that I'm going ot fix all the time minor stuff is ok but not interested in mojor repairs rather be riding it. Was even thinking about a SLHX that I saw in the local trader it was MINT no hours on it too and I heard its fast as well but again not that great in chop so well see I'll ride mine little long and see how much I use it and next year I'l get another one or just get a HX or wave blaster for me and keep the sl for the girl friend.

thanks for your in put guys!:emoticont

Comment

Working...
              X