1996 SeaDoo GTX bogs down at 6000 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 SeaDoo GTX bogs down at 6000 RPM

Just bought 1996 SeaDoo GTX, Carbs were just rebuilt by dealer. It consistantly bogs down if I try to go over 5900 RPM, runs fine up to there. If I hold the throttle down to about 4500 RPM then takes off till about 6200 RPM then repeats. Gas and filter are clean, plugs are new NGK BR8ES
    Am thinking of taking to dealer but my like to change out a few parts on my own. I'm thinking that not enough amps/voltage? getting to plugs above 6000 RPM, was thinking of coil, rectifier or battery as logical choices to replace. Thoughts?

Re: 1996 SeaDoo GTX bogs down at 6000 RPM

Try a rectifier.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Im thinking maybe fuel lines and or fuel valve restricting the fuel flow.

Comment

Thanks, think I'll go ahead and change out the rectifier, gas was changed when the carbs were cleaned, I'm guessing gas flow was checked. I also think there would be some inconsistance in performance due to a gas problem, the problem I'm having is 100% predictable 100% of the time - electrical me thinks. Thanks again.

Comment

had the same problem on a sea doo xp once, i could hold the throttle at 90% and everything was ok, if i went full throtle it would bog down, the small fuel filters on the pump side of the carbs were dirty, after they were cleaned, the ski ran good as new

Comment

Same thing with me. Ended up I was starving engine of gas at the higher RPM.
            New gas line all the way and new filter solved.

Comment

Working...
            X