Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing

Has anyone got experience with towing a water skier behind an XL700? I know its only got 80 HP, but has anyone had a descent experience in getting someone up on skis? I was able to pull a knee boarder okay.

Re: Towing

I have no problems towing a skier behind a 90 hp XL760
    Should no problem with 80 hp either :emoticonc

Unless Shaquille Oneil is at the end of the ski rope ;)
    Last edited by 99gp1200; 07-19-2005, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Im towing a round tube behind my 650 yamaha 93 mod , works fine.

Is the any cons towards towing with jetski?
      No , its not a Kawa its a Yama , I just love the color!

Comment

I have my sons attempt to pull me up on water skis. I managed to water ski about 30 years ago, and just tried it again lately. Unsuccessful so far, but I'll try again next weekend. One son sits backwards as a spotter. Since theres not any good hand holds, he's constantly yelling for his piloting brother to take it easy. Even I have a hard time feeling comfortable spotting without a good place to grab onto. Maybe a felcro strap joining them at the waste would make the spotter feel alittle more secure. Any thoughts (besides telling me to try an easier sport for my age).

Comment

Its all the trying and failing that is fun ...

Tell your kids to be glad your not a lazzy *** wuzz that sits home doing nothing , and also I guess you provide the finance to make it all happend , so why shouldn´t you gets some joy too... Hell yeah...:emoticonc
          No , its not a Kawa its a Yama , I just love the color!

Comment

"Since theres not any good hand holds"

I hold onto the boarding handle when spotting. Doesn't the XL have one?

Comment

If you mean the handle that wraps around the back of the rear-most seat, yes its there. But it doesn't give much lateral support when one turns to retrive a downed skier. One has an uneasy feeling of being tossed over the side. I like to hold with my arms out-stretched beside me, and to the edge of the forward seat (right where the latch is to release the forward seat). Unfortunately, the seat is not really very rigid there, and gives rather easily. I'm afraid to hold on to tightly so as not to damage the seat.

Not a big deal! Like the Slippery web-site says, go out and get wet!:emoticont

Comment

I guess that will work fine, well i am a towing truck driver at Rite way towing my mostly towing experience is with trucks and towing heavy vehicles, but according to my experience it will work easily, for more info would suggest you to discuss with any expert.

Comment

The state of Virginia has a law that says if you are towing someone, you are required to have a spotter AND a ski that is rated for 3 people (driver, spotter and skier). Many a skier have been pulled over for this. I think the XL700 is classified as a 2 seater. Just a heads up!!!

Comment

No, it is a 3 seater.

Comment

What about a wake board? I have been wanting to try, I have a 2001 XL700, a knee board and a wake board!

Comment

i have towed my fathers Harley twice with mine R1. it seems like corolla is towing humvee.

Comment

I think it is only legal if it's a 3 seater and they usually have a strap between 2nd and 3rd seat.

Comment

Working...
                          X