Oil Injection and Pre-Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection and Pre-Mix

My 94 WR3 is still oil injected and it is working fine. I read an article that recommended that in addition to the oil injection, adding 1 oz oil to each gallon of gas would be cheap insurance in the event of an oil pump failure.

Any thoughts on this?
    Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Re: Oil Injection and Pre-Mix

Replace the small oil lines on your wr3 and keep the oil pump...no extra oil is needed...the oil pump will last the life of the ski....

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and the suggestions...

Are you saying that all the oil lines should be replaced or just those to/from the pump? What size tubing do you recommend?

Will tygon (??) tubing (clear flexable type you buy at hardware stores) be ok or does it require something special?
      Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Comment

only the two small lines...you will have to try the tubing you suggested and keep an eye on them...

Comment

Isnīt it related to rpm and what kind of driving you do that decides the pros and cons of an oilpump , oil pump can fail and then you are xxxxed , but pre mix has that smokin effect on low rmps but work just the same as oil pump on high rpm.

And also I would think if you disconnected the oilpump wire you get less wear on the throttle wire in the long run. And maybe a little tiny easier throttle.

This is just an idea I have but ask around.

One thing is for sure premix never fails...
          No , its not a Kawa its a Yama , I just love the color!

Comment

the is no oil pump cable on that model...Yamaha has been using oil injection pumps since the 1960s as long as the pump gets good clean oil through out it's life (oil lubricates the pump) it will be VERY reliable....

Comment

Oil pumps do fail it shure did on my 93 650 Waverunner III cost me an engine. If you think any thing is wrong with pump remove it and put a block off kit on. My ski runs fine on premix a little smoker at idle and in the 6mph zone but it clears out when you hit the throttle and runs great at top end speeds.

Comment

two stroke engines fail for many reasons...there is no better oil pump than what comes on the WR3.....

Comment

Working...
                X