Raider 1100 Carb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raider 1100 Carb Question

Ok I must say I am very mad for 2 facts. For one you tell many people all day long if they have carb issue's with the bogging down problem then to buy rebuild kits and rebuild them. You really really need to make the fact known about the carb kits do not come with the needle and seat. Ok with that said.

I really thought the carbs would be a breeze to remove almost like a single raider carb but boy was I wrong.

Now with the carbs apart the OEM rebuild kits come with 2 needle springs. A Brass color and silver color.

I was told to use the old spring that came out of the carb and was going to do that but was wondering if the color with it being the same as stock and same size could I just replace them with the new ones from the kit.

Last I noticed in the tech area that the settings is 7/8 + - 1/4 for the high setting.

I am so afraid of getting it too lean could I not just go 1 full turn out to be sure.

sigpic
    Chad C
    Mauldin, SC
    2007 FX Cruiser

Re: Raider 1100 Carb Question

sure you can...if it's too rich you will loose some speed...

Comment

Re: Raider 1100 Carb Question

7/8 is usually about all you need on the stock raider carbs. If you think these carbs are hard to get off try getting some Yamaha 1200 pv motor carbs off. After you remove almost the entire exhaust system and finally get to some salty, corroded, rusty bolts that are bairly visable. Will make your carbs look like a piece of cake.Good luck on the 110 carbs and take your time tuning. Read the plugs after each tune if you are in doubt.
      WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
      X