Flushing a 1998 1100stx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing a 1998 1100stx

I have a 1998 STX 1100. It already had a flush connector when it was purchased(used). My question is when I am Flushing it after a salt water ride the front cylinder gets hot, too hot in my opinion(can barely touch it). I find myself letting it run then turning it off until it cools then firing it back up so it can be properly flushed. I have looked at pictures of these for sale on ebay and the flush kits are all mounted the same way. Has anybody ever run into this or know of a solution. If you ride it on the water and pop the seat, all cylinders are cool to the touch.
    Thanks

Re: Flushing a 1998 1100stx

All triple kawasakis run hotter on the front cylinder especially on the flush. What you want to do is reroute the hose connection to feed only into the cylinder head while flushing and not into the headpipe. This will force the water flow more through the motor and then through the exhaust rather then most of the water going through the exhaust while flushing. Works great.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Re: Flushing a 1998 1100stx

Thanks for the response.:emoticonc

That is what I was going to do but wasn;t sure if you could do it.

Comment

Working...
      X