1999 TigerShark 1100 Li

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 TigerShark 1100 Li

When I first put the TigerShark in the water it works great. I can ride for 1/2 hour at any speed, mostly 35-50 miles an hour. Then I stop, and about 1/2 hour later I go on it again and it won't start. It sounds and smells like I flooded it. Then I get it towed...try it again and it works. We thought it was bad gas from the winter, so we replaced it and the spark plug. I think the spark plug is the problem. I heard you need to have it gapped at .028-.031 and position it a certain way (toward the injector). Can you give any advance? The repair shop said it ***may*** be the computer, $1800.

Re: 1999 TigerShark 1100 Li

Are the plugs wet with fuel when it wont start?

A leaking injector would do that. You will have to start the ski like normal and let it run a min. Then remvove the entire injector rail off the top with all fuel lines attached. Now check and make sure none of the are leaking fuel while it is sitting.

You should also try this first. Put a can of "SeaFoam" in a tank and run it for a few hours so it will clean the injectors and that may cause them to stop leaking.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I've been meaning to thank you! You saved me $1,800; instead I paid $110. The repair shop was so quick to say it was the computer. Based on your information, I talked like I knew what I was talking about and had check your suggestion. Thanks again!

Comment

How do you winterize a 1999 TigerShark 1100 Li?

Normally we are charged $150. from the repair shop and want to know if it is worth doing ourself.

Comment

Between this thread and the info in the manual you should be able to do it yourself. Not too bad, it took me about and hour and a half to two hours and it was the first time i ever did it. The thread isnt exactly for tigersharks but its pretty much the same procedure.
          -john

http://www.pwctoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=44818

Comment

Or just read the tech article and watch the videos that are already here ;)
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X