94 SLT750 Oil Pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SLT750 Oil Pumps

I just purchased a 94 SLT750 with the #1 piston blown. Saw it was lean burn-down, and wondered at goofy pump arrangement. I have worked on Polaris snowmobiles for 20yr, and fuel pump setup on SLT made no sense until I read your forums about this flaky setup. I have several triple outlet Mik pumps in shop, and 1 will definitely be used here, but I have been reading about the oil pumps being a problem on these PWC's. What is the exact problem? It is the same oil injection pump used on every 3 cylinder Polaris, and 3 cylinder Arctic Cat sled ever built, and I have only changed 2 of those in 20yr because someone didn't align shaft tang with pump slot before they cranked down the mount screws. Did Fuji not shim these 750 pumps properly for clearance possibly, or are oil pumps being blamed for other problems?
    Ride Hard, Fly High

Current rides: 03 EdgeX 600, 04 ProX2 700, 99 XCSP700(with many mods), 96 XCR600, 96 SL700, 93 SL650, 96 RAM2500 Diesel 4x4 with Banks kit

Re: 94 SLT750 Oil Pumps

Unless someone else has input on this, I don't think there was any "known issues" with the oil pump. I think the general concensus is the oil pump is a silent demon waiting to destroy a motor. There is no warning that it is failing, or has failed until it eats the engine. Many just prefer premix as insurance against a pump failure.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
    Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Working...
    X