On brass tees, automotive hose clamps
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Removing choke for primer install

You must use 1/4" brass "T" and 1/4" new fuel line in all of the fuel supply assembliage. Then a brass adapter to 1/8" at the primer pump. My plastic tee snpped and ran fuel into boat. :emoticonc
      Originally posted by cgebert
      But what did you use instead?

Comment

I don't have CV carbs. It runs the same. It starts much better.

Comment

I am having a very tough time finding 1/8"x1/8"x1/8" brass barbed tees or the 1/8" fuel line like is included with the kit. Any ideas?

Comment

www.parkeryamaha.com www.rivayamaha.com www.pro-tecperformance.com www.hotproductsusa.com and many others...
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Not to hijack this thread, but I got a kit from parker and the fittings (plugs/nipples) are different sizes while the holes in the carbs are all the same. The nipples fit with the plastic sleeves left in, the plugs need the bushings removed (with the exception of one plug that is the same size as the nipples). With the plastic bushings in, the nipples are still not tight, the large plugs appear to be a proper size that will require them "pressed" in.

So, while I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of this kit (the main "T" is brass but the other two are cheap plastic) my question is whether I should leave the plastic bushings in and epoxy the nipples to them or remove the bushing and epoxy to the carb body directly (in which case the epoxy will be filling a bit of a void. Also, what to use for epoxy, anything special?

Comment

At first glance, it looked like all of these kits were the same. After having purchased one and looking around, the one from Atlantis looks much nicer. All brass tees. Even includes the wire ties.

Comment

Yes! Go to OSH and get 1/4" brass barbed tees and 1/4" gas line hose. Use hose clamps on these fittings. I plugged this tee into the bottom of the fuel filter with a little short piece of 1/4" hose. Take out the choke assemble in the hull and put the primer into that hole. The only 1/8" used is at the primer when you reduce down to 1/8". Use 1/8" from the primer to the carb installed barb. And here is a flash for all> Just use one nipple at the carb. This eliminates three 1/8" plastic connections and the probability that you will flood the engine on start. This is a Safe, neat and functional installation. Also replace the battery cable connectors. (just do it):) James

Originally posted by cgebert
                  I am having a very tough time finding 1/8"x1/8"x1/8" brass barbed tees or the 1/8" fuel line like is included with the kit. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                  X