Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'00 SeaDoo LRV w/951 Bogs at full throttle>>>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '00 SeaDoo LRV w/951 Bogs at full throttle>>>?

My buddy has a 2000 SeaDoo LRV with the 951 motor. I drove it myself and it starts and idles fine, but when you give it full throttle out on the water, it takes off for a second or two but quickly bogs down and dies if you do not let off of the gas. Carbs were removed, and sprayed with carb & choke cleaner. Low speed jets were set to 1.5 turns out from closed. Compression is fine. Reed valves are fine. Plenty of spark. Motor is an 00 but has 11.5 hours on it. Needles/seats maybe? Or do the carbs need a rebuild. Or both?

Thanks

Re: '00 SeaDoo LRV w/951 Bogs at full throttle>>>?

Probably both, you can't guess until you get kits and test them.

Comment

Re: '00 SeaDoo LRV w/951 Bogs at full throttle>>>?

At minimum, you need to clean the internal fuel filters inside of the carbureators. Spraying a carb externally is a waste of time.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: '00 SeaDoo LRV w/951 Bogs at full throttle&gt;&gt;&gt;?

Where are the internal filters located within the carbs, is it behind the square plate that has some type of a film on the inside held to carbs with 4 long screws? The carbs in question are from a 1996 seadoo xp 800
        Could this be my problem as well for when i hit about 45mph its as if its cuts in and out repeatedly. If i release the throttle to half it stops cuting in and out and runs smoothly around 40-45,or could it be the rectifer?
        VTS just quit working also could this be a contributing factor?

Comment

Re: '00 SeaDoo LRV w/951 Bogs at full throttle&gt;&gt;&gt;?

Yes the filter is behind that fuel pump on one carb, and the fuel pump blockoff plate on the other carb. Both are in the same place in each carb.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X