pop off pressure - 96xp w/fp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop off pressure - 96xp w/fp

So i'm trying to set the pop off pressure on my 1996 XP. New SBT motor, prok flame arrestors and a factory pipe spec 1. Anyone have any insight for what my pop off pressure should be? I have tried a couple springs to see where each would pop off at. Also, the needle seems to hold pressure from 12PSI down, but if i try to leave the pressure @ say 20PSI, it will leak back down to 12PSI or so, is this okay?

Also, is there such a thing as pressure testing the carb?

thanks!
    Bob

Re: pop off pressure - 96xp w/fp

thats what you are doing is pressure testing it when you watch it leak down to fix your carbs you need to replace the needle and seats as they are leaking and will cause you problems on the water.

Comment

any idea what the pop off pressure should be for my situation? Relative idea anyway? How about maintained pressure without leaking?

thanks!

Comment

If it will hold 12 psi with those larger needle valves and smaller gram springs, it will be good to go.

You will need at least 18 psi or more PO pressure or the motor will be hard to start when in the water and warmed up, with oem carbs.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X