1200 xlt hot exhaust warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1200 xlt hot exhaust warning

I have a stock 2001 xlt with 89 hrs. thats giving me a hot exhaust warning after about 20 mins of riding. Im in the process of ordering a d-plate and sensor chip to replace the cat.con. from Riva as this seems to be a widespread problem with these models. I understand that powervalves in this model tend to be a big problem as well. As a general rule what is the expected life of this motor with normal riding and maintence, and am I at the point that powervalves tend to fail?

Re: 1200 xlt hot exhaust warning

Yes the D Plate will fix your exhaust temp problem. I had the same issue, catcon was just rattling around in the exhaust housing when removed.

I also opted to purchase the waveeater clips to ensure the valves don't drop. Cheap investment to a potentially expense problem...

Comment

Playn i agree with scotty about the cat-con.Another thing to look into would be the pump plug kit for your pump shoe.This eliminates alot of the cavitation you probably are experiencing.
      2003 XLT1200 RIVA STAGE 2

WAVEATER POWERVALVE STUFF
      COMMERCIAL TINY TACH

Comment

Yes to date my only mods have been preventative maintenance. Expect to do some performance mods prior to next season.
        • R&D Rideplate
        • R&D Aquavein Intake Grate
        • Solas Concord Impeller YF-CD 13/19
        • Solas Billet Aluminum Impeller Cone
        • R&D or Riva Pump Seal Kit
        $530.00 Kit off Islandracing.net

Comment

I pulled the exhust off today and the cat. was broke and laying sideways in the pipe. Waiting for the parts from Riva to come. Are the waveater clips hard to install?

Comment

No just remove the top plate over the valves (2 screws) and clip over top of the valve. instructions will come with the clips. I did have one not attach properly on the first attempt, it flew across the garage, but thats just typical me...

Comment

Playn i agree with scotty about the clips,to ensure that they are on properly i use a flat tip screwdriver and press on each side making sure they clip into place

COMMERCIAL TINY TACH

Comment

Thanks guys I will order them today

Comment

Do not order the couplers just order the clips.They are junk over time they get slack.

COMMERCIAL TINY TACH

Comment

Working...
                  X